Getting There Together (GTT):
A Celebration of All Ages and Abilities
September 8th, 2019 | 11am – 4pm
At Sunday Streets Tenderloin #2
Civic Center (@ Larkin and Fulton)
The inaugural Getting There Together event is a signature citywide celebration of San Francisco seniors and adults with disabilities. Presented by CASE (Coalition of Agencies Serving the Elderly) in partnership with Livable City/Sunday Streets, the Department of Aging and Adult Services, Age and Disability Friendly San Francisco, and the Dignity Fund Coalition, the event will bring together seniors, people with disabilities, service providers, City officials, and the general public to celebrate and ensure San Francisco is a great place to live and age.
Taking place during Sunday Streets Tenderloin in Civic Center — the heart of San Francisco — the 2019 Getting There Together Celebration will feature:
Main Stage (Fulton Street Steps of the Main Library)
Seniors and people with disabilities will take the stage to share their talents. This 5 hours of free, fun programming will include both professional music and dance performances and community group recitals. The line-up includes:
- 11:00 am: Kotobuki Taiko Drummers
- 11:15 am: San Francisco Dance Group
- 11:55 am: AXIS Dance Company (Marc Brew and Yuko Monden Juma)
- 12:10 pm: Curry Senior Center’s Samahang Pinoy
- 12:30 pm: Sunny Line Dance Group
- 1:00 pm: Community Music Center’s Older Adult Choirs — 300+ singers!
- 1:45 pm: Los Rumberos de MNC
- 1:55 pm: Dr. George W. Davis Steel Drum Band
- 2:15 pm: Zach K
- 2:25 pm: Richmond Senior Center Dancers
- 2:40 pm: Wake-up Call by Sounds from the Ground Drumming Group
- 3:00 pm: Dr. Mwanza and Chocolate Medicine
Interactive Resource Fair
One-stop shop for information about housing, transportation and street safety, financial planning, physical and mental health, healthy eating, fitness, and other resources that all San Franciscans need to thrive.
All Abilities Open Air Gymnasium (Intersection of Larkin and Fulton)
Taking place in and around Civic Center Plaza, the All Abilities Open Air Gymnasium will feature a range of accessible classes throughout the day.
- 11:00 am: Line dancing with Allen Isidro
- 11:30 am: Brain/Body Fitness with Dianna Rowley (BORP)
- 12:00 pm: Always Active Senior Fitness with Genny Pinzon
- 12:30 pm: Bollywood Dance Fitness with Shruthi Reddy
- 1:00 pm: Chair Yoga with Armando Luna
- 1:30 pm: Hip Hop Fitness with Carah Herring
- 2:00 pm: Body of Sound with Alyssa DeCaro
- 2:30 pm: Always Active Senior Fitness with Genny Pinzon
- 3:00 pm: Dance Fitness/Dance Party with Dianna Rowley (BORP)
Getting There Together is presented by CASE, in Partnership with Livable City/Sunday Streets, the Department of Aging and Adult Services, Age & Disability Friendly SF, and the Dignity Fund Coalition.
To sponsor this innovative event, email [email protected].
Questions? Email [email protected].