We strongly encourage biking, walking, or taking public transportation to get to Sunday Streets when possible.
MUNI: For trip planning and other Muni-related info, go to www.sfmta.com. Visit sfmta.com/alerts the week before the event for updated information on any MUNI lines that will be rerouted during the event. Bikes are allowed on front racks of buses. The Western Addition Sunday Streets route is served by the following MUNI lines:
- 5 McAllister at Fillmore or Divisadero
- 21 at Hayes St and Baker St
- 24 at Divisadero St and Hayes or McAllister
- 31 at Eddy St and Fillmore
- 38 at Fillmore St and Geary Blvd
Visit sfmta.com/alerts the week before the event for updated information on any MUNI lines that will be rerouted during the event. The following MUNI line will be re-routed from the normal route during Sunday Streets:
- 22 re-routed from Fillmore St to Webster St between Sutter and Hayes
BART: Combining BART with a bike ride or MUNI ride can be a great way to get to Sunday Streets from the East or South Bay. Bikes are allowed on BART trains at all times. For trip planning, go to www.bart.gov. For more information about bikes on BART, go to www.bart.gov/guide/bikes.
- Bart & Bike: Take BART to Civic Center Station, then bike McAllister to Fillmore St
BIKE: Get in the Livable City spirit – bike to Sunday Streets! Go to: www.sfbike.org to download a bike map to help find a flat, bike-friendly route from your area or the nearest transit stop to Sunday Streets. Got a long way to go? Shorten the trip by taking transit part of the way. Muni buses have bike racks for 2 bikes, BART and Caltrain both allow bikes on board.
By Car: Should you chose to drive, be aware that the Sunday Streets route is towed of all vehicles beginning at 8am and no stopping or parking is allowed on the streets after that (even if you’re just stopping for a moment for a cup of coffee), and no vehicles are allowed to drive onto the route after 10:00am.
Should you chose to drive, check out SFPark.org and parkme.com to identify available parking lots and spaces nearby. Additionally, parking may be available at these locations near the route:
- The Fillmore Center Garage, 1475 Fillmore St (via entrance on Eddy between Fillmore and Steiner Streets)
- Fillmore Street Annex Garage, 1650 Fillmore St (between Geary Blvd and Post St)
- Fillmore Heritage Center Garage, 1310 Fillmore St (via entrance on Eddy between Fillmore and Webster Streets)
- Pacific Park Garage, 1300 Fillmore St
- Japan Center Garage, 1610 Geary Blvd
- Public Parking lot at 1480 Eddy St
- DMV Parking lot, 1377 Fell St, open 24 hours