We’re now recruiting passionate and energetic Sunday Streets fans to join the growing Sunday Streets team as Volunteer Captains for the 2015 Season. Volunteer Captains are our Ninjas of all trades, from set-up to outreach to break-down, they help us make Sunday Streets run smoothly.
Duties & Responsibilities: Sunday Streets Volunteer Captains help Sunday Streets staff lead and manage volunteers on a portion of the Sunday Streets route. Either by manning one of the information and outreach booths, or by monitoring a portion of the route by bike, they help troubleshoot any issues that arise throughout the day to ensure everyone has a safe and fun time at Sunday Streets. Volunteer Captains serve in one of two roles:
Information and Outreach Booth Volunteer Captain
- Lead outreach efforts to solicit new volunteers, donors, and supporters and sell merchandise
- Answer questions regarding the event
- Support Sunday Streets staff and lead small teams of volunteers at the booth.
Route Monitor Volunteer Captain
- Lead small teams of volunteers to set up and/or break down the event. This includes moving barricades and hanging/removing event signage.
- Monitor a portion of the route during event to: provide support to volunteers, escort vehicles that may need to drive on the street, ensure all barricades and equipment remain place.
Volunteer Captains are expected to:
- Volunteer for a 4-hour shift during at least four Sunday Streets events between March and October, 2015. Shifts are 9:15am-1:15pm or 1-5pm.
- Attend a volunteer captain training in February or May, 2015.
- Support Sunday Streets staff and volunteers.
- Help communicate and troubleshoot any hiccups that occur throughout the day.
- Spread Sunday Streets joy and enthusiasm to ensure all volunteers and participants have an amazing experience at Sunday Streets.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Have volunteered at Sunday Streets before.
- Able to bring and ride your bike (required for route monitor captains only, encouraged for booth captains)
- Gain outreach, volunteer management, event management, and general non-profit experience.
- Work with amazing staff and volunteers.
- Undying appreciation from thousands of San Franciscans who love Sunday Streets.
- Sunday Streets sweatshirt, messenger bag, or other nifty appreciation gift.
- That warm fuzzy feeling you’ll get from knowing you helped make Sunday Streets possible.
To Apply: Complete the brief Volunteer Captain Application form by February 17.
Contact Information: Please feel free to contact us for additional information or questions at mailto:email@example.com. For more information about Sunday Streets and other volunteer roles and tasks, visit SundayStreetsSF.com/Volunteer.