Now Hiring! Sunday Streets Events Coordinator/Manager
Livable City is hiring an Events Coordinator/Manager (DOE). This position will report directly to the Sunday Streets Director and have general responsibility for the logistics and activity planning of each Sunday Streets event. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. See below or click here for the full job description and how to apply.
Livable City is hiring an Events Coordinator/Manager (DOE). This position will report directly to the Sunday Streets Director and have general responsibility for the planning and implementation of each Sunday Streets event. In particular, the Events Manager coordinates event logistics and programming to ensure successful events. The Events Manager works closely with the Volunteer Manager and Sunday Streets Director to coordinate volunteers and part-time staff.
This position is approximately 40 hours/week Monday-Friday with some evening and weekend work required. Attendance at all Sunday Streets events is mandatory. This position is full-time exempt. The salary range is $44,000-50,000 DOE.
Event Programs and Activities Management
- Build and maintain relationships with program partners in various neighborhoods to recruit and develop healthy activities for Sunday Streets programming.
- Manage program partner registration and confirmation process, and prepare site maps detailing programming locations for each event.
- Work with Sunday Streets Director to plan each season of Sunday Streets.
- Plan and coordinate event staffing, equipment needs, local access needs, signposting, and other logistics for each event with city Sunday Streets Logistics Committee.
- Coordinate and communicate with staff from partnering city agencies; lead and prepare agendas for monthly Logistics Committee meetings.
- Secure permits for all events and programming (ISCOTT, Entertainment Commission, Parks and Rec, Port, DPH, FD).
Event and Program Management
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Hire, train, and manage part-time event staff.
- Work with Volunteer Manager and Sunday Streets Director to coordinate event-day and event prep staffing and volunteer needs.
- Support Sunday Streets Director with neighborhood outreach, community organizing and other activities as time allows.
- Passion for creating a more livable city for the entire San Francisco community and the goals and vision of the Sunday Streets program.
- Detail-orientated with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including volunteers, staff, partners, and members of the public.
- Minimum of one year experience working in a non-profit or organizing street festivals, farmers markets, or other special events.
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Apps
- Capable of physically demanding work, ability to stand for 4 hours, ride a bicycle, lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Bilingual strongly preferred (especially Spanish or Cantonese)
- Experience submitting permits, planning public events.
- Community organizing experience, preferably in San Francisco.
- Valid CA Drivers’ License
Equal Opportunity Employment
Livable City is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Livable City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Email resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.