We strongly encourage biking, walking, or taking public transportation to get to Sunday Streets when possible.
For the closest address to the Murphy Activity Hub, use The Millwright Cottage at 2100 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, San Francisco, CA 94122. For the closest address to the Spreckels Hub, use 1157 John F Kennedy Drive, San Francisco, CA .
MUNI: For trip planning and other Muni-related info, go to www.sfmta.com. Visit sfmta.com/alerts the week before the event for updated information on any MUNI lines that will be rerouted during the event. Bikes are allowed on front racks of buses. The Sunset/GGP Sunday Streets route is served by the following MUNI lines:
- L Taraval to 46th Ave and Taraval
- N Judah to Lower Great Highway
- 5, 31 bus lines to La Playa just north of the route
- 44 crosses Golden Gate Park via concourse/JFL just east of the route
- 7 Haight/Noriega to Lower Great Highway
- 28, 29 to Golden Gate Park
Visit sfmta.com/alerts the week before the event for updated information on any MUNI lines that will be rerouted during the event. The following MUNI lines will be re-routed from their normal route during Sunday Streets:
- 18 rerouted at 46th and Lincoln to Crossover to 25th to Fulton and La Playa
- 23 Sloat/Great Highway stop moved to Sloat and 47th Ave
BART: Although the nearest BART station is several miles from the Sunday Streets route, combining BART with a bike ride or BART and MUNI can be a great way to get to Sunday Streets from the East Bay. For trip planning, go to www.bart.gov. For more information about bikes on BART, go to www.bart.gov/guide/bikes.
- Without a bike, take BART to Downtown BART Stations (Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, Civic Center) and transfer to the L Taraval to Ocean Beach or N Judah to Ocean Beach.
- With a bike: the Civic Center BART Station is the closest station to Golden Gate Park. Bike to the Panhandle and then enjoy car-free streets from JFK Dr to the start of Sunday Streets in Golden Gate Park.
- From Glen Park BART: Take Muni 23-Monterey to Sloat Blvd and Great Highway
- From Daly City BART: Take Muni 28 to Lincoln and 19th, then bike or walk to the start of the Sunday Streets route in Golden Gate Park
BIKE: Get in the spirit for Sunday Streets by biking there! Go to: www.sfbike.org to download a bike map to help find a flat, bike-friendly route from your area or the nearest transit stop to Sunday Streets. Got a long way to go? Shorten the trip by taking transit part of the way. Muni buses have bike racks for 2 bikes, BART and Caltrain both allow bikes on board.
By Car: Should you chose to drive, be aware that the Sunday Streets route is towed of all vehicles beginning at 8am and no stopping or parking is allowed on the streets after that (even if you’re just stopping for a moment for a cup of coffee), and no vehicles are allowed to drive onto the route after 10:00am.
Should you chose to drive, check out SFPark.org and parkme.com to identify available parking lots and spaces nearby. Additionally, parking may be available at these locations near the route:
- Ocean Beach lot on Great Highway between Lincoln and Fulton, accessible only from Fulton
- A smaller lot is located south of Sloat on the Great Highway
- On-street parking may be found along Lower Great Highway