About Livable City
Livable City is San Francisco’s urban land use policy and advocacy nonprofit. The organization works to create a San Francisco of great streets and complete neighborhoods, where walking, bicycling, and transit are the best choices for most trips, where public spaces are beautiful, well-designed, and well-maintained, and where housing is more plentiful and more affordable.
Livable City also runs a number of programs, including Sunday Streets and Play Streets. These programs bring communities together, promoting healthy living and active transportation to create vibrant, healthy, connected communities across the city through the format of car-free streets.
Livable City has six dedicated full-time staff, augmented by passionate interns and hundreds of annual volunteers.
- A minimum commitment of 8 hours per week in the office, with some additional night and weekend availability
- A minimum commitment of 12 weeks depending the candidate’s satisfactory performance.
- Mandatory attendance at Sunday Streets Events in 2019.
- Complete a 5 minute presentation at the end of the internship.
Livable City organizes both the Play Streets and Sunday Streets programs which help bring open space and recreation to over 100,000 San Francisco residents. The Sunday Streets program is seeking an intern to support the organization’s significant event production.
The Logistics Coordinator Internship will help support these events by coordinating event logistics and services. The position reports to the Sunday Streets Operations Manager. Responsibilities to include:
- Manage inventory of equipment program and event supplies.
- Assist in coordinating event production services and staffing.
- A commitment to Livable City’s and Sunday Streets’ mission and values.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Graphic design experience, especially with Adobe Creative Suite/InDesign (preferred).
- Knowledge of Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, along with your general availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2019 Logistics Coordinator Intern.
Spring 2019 Recruitment Timeline
Applications are due January 18, 2019. We will conduct interviews in early February and will notify you by the end of January if you are selected to interview.