Merchants directly on the route:
- Display merchandise on a small table to draw people in.*
- Make a colorful sign or other eye-catching display in front of store with promotions and message to participants to visit your shop.
- Hand out coupons to passers by with special Sunday Streets deals.
- Work with Sunday Streets staff to enliven the front of your store with activities, music, performances (amplified sound is not always possible due to noise concerns).**
- Coordinate with merchant association to create materials with local business maps/directory to distribute and make into posters to put up on the route.
- Post signs or posters to direct Sunday Streets participants to your business – Feature discounts or coupons.
- Sunday Streets bingo cards or other game involving visiting businesses nearby or on the route featuring local shops, cafes and community features.
- Offer free delivery for larger items purchased on Sunday Streets days.
San Francisco Permit Regulations
- Businesses located on Sunday Streets routes may use the parking lane in front of store for displays, sidewalk and travel lanes may not obstructed.
- All displays must be easily moved out of the way in case of emergency.
- Vehicles are reintroduced to the streets at 4 p.m., all displays must be broken down and moved inside at 3:30.
- All sales must occur inside.
* Any activity involving amplified music must be approved in advance and included on Sunday Streets sound permit, please contact Beth@livablecity.org for more details
Photo of San Bruno Mountain Watch Booth